Tuesday, March 31 and Wednesday April 1st – CSEA Local 856 Office 256 Clinton Avenue, Kingston, NY 12401 Click here for details
Shop Steward Training: StewardTrainingMar 11and12
Registration is on March 11 at 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm: Program is from 6:00pm until 9:00 pm.
THis is a two day Training. Please see flyer above for further details.
Presents two exciting new programs for WCC Adv Manu Pgm –
Local 860, is giving out $10,000 in Scholarships, to graduating seniors who will be going onto higher education.
Several scholarship programs are available for AFSCME members and their children. Click on an individual scholarship from the list below to download an application and for information on requirements and deadlines.
- Gerald W. McEntee Scholarship In honor of former AFSCME Pres. Jerry McEntee this one-time $5,000 scholarship is awarded annually to an AFSCME member for use towards higher education.
- AFSCME Affiliate Scholarship Programs Many AFSCME affiliates have special scholarship programs designed to help their members pursue educational opportunities to advance on the job.
- Jerry Clark Memorial Scholarship A collegiate scholarship for juniors and seniors with a major in a social science; it includes a summer internship in the AFSCME Political Action Department in Washington, D.C
- Jerry Wurf Memorial Fund Provides three scholarships for the six-week Harvard Trade Union Program for full-time AFSCME staff planning a career in the trade union movement or an AFSCME member holding an elected position who is willing to take leave.
- Union Plus Scholarship Active and retired AFSCME members, spouses and dependent children are eligible to apply.
- William Lucy Labor Scholarship Fund Provides a scholarship for a rank and file AFSCME leader to attend the Harvard Trade Union Program, a six-week executive program of education and training in the political, economic, and organizational challenges confronting labor unions.
AnthonyLottoFundraiser Sunday March 8 from 1 pm – 3 pm. Cortlandt Lanes
For 20 years our beloved Anthony Lotto has been the Head Custodian at the Fox Meadow School in Scarsdale. For some time now, Anthony has courageously been fighting a serious illness. He is now at home undergoing further treatment. As you can imagine, Anthony and his family have been through a tremendous ordeal physically, emotionally and financially. Whether you know Anthony as a friend, coworker, or just that loud guy down the corridor, we ask that you keep Anthony and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
To assist Anthony and his family as he continues his fight and to help defray some of the medical costs and other expenses they have incurred, any help we can provide would be greatly appreciated.
We know Anthony has many people around him who love and care for him so lets all band together and help him fight this battle!